Electronic Power Steering – new to the Prowler XTZ for 2011 – enhance the 1000’s industry-leading handling. Arctic Cat’s Variable Assist EPS allows steering assistance to the XTZ before it even starts to move at idle. This is a huge benefit to conserving the rider’s input energy when in 4WD, especially when the differential lock is engaged. Arctic Cat EPS reduces the torque necessary to steer the XTZ when changing direction with a loaded cargo box or navigating tough obstacles like rocks, deep mud or logs.
Combining one of the industry’s largest engines with sport-inspired suspension geometry, the performance minded Prowler XTZ provides the ultimate in untouchable recreation.
Arctic Cat engines have power where it matters: the ground. Arctic Cat H2 engines have more pulling power,more climbing power and more acceleration. The powerhouse 1000 V-Twin H2 has a 951cc, 4-stroke monster performance mill. The Duramatic automatic transmission has dynamic engine braking with Low, High, Neutral and Reverse.
The stance and suspension were race-bred and performance-calibrated with additional ride-in. What is ride-in? The Prowler XTZ will squat roughly 2 inches (depending on driver/passenger sizes) while providing 10 inches of ground clearance and 10 inches of suspension travel. The lower ride height and center of gravity inspire riding confidence in aggressive cornering and high speed handling. The XTZ boasts high performance suspension geometry with the best gas-charged monotube shocks on the market.
A front locking 4WD differential with an all-in-one 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock rocker switch button for quick engagement shifting and rear mounted swaybar for improved trail driving.
NEW FOR 2011
- COLORS: Metallic White or Viper Blue
- SHOCKS: High-Performance Ryde FX gas shocks
- SPORT CANOPY: ROPS compliant, Baja-inspired round tube canopy
- GAUGES AND STEERING WHEEL: Digital gauge redesign with seat belt indicator light and new steering wheel
- THROTTLE: Redesigned foot throttle with lighter actuator spring
- PARKING BRAKE: Console-mounted automotive style parking brake
- 951cc, SOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, V-twin, liquid cooled enginewith EFI
- An Arctic Cat produced performance engine built in the state-of-the-art St. Cloud manufacturing facility.
- 3-point seat belts
- Rearview mirror
- 600-lb. box payload capacity
- 2-in. front and rear receiver hitches
- 14-in. aluminum wheels
- 1,500-lb. towing capacity
- 5-Position Tilt Steering – lever activated for easier entry/departure and leg room
- Tool kit is conveniently molded into the passenger side seat for easy access and secure fit.