KENNESAW, Ga. – December 14, 2015 – Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, announces it started production on the Racing Blue/White and Blaze Orange/Black versions of the all-new YXZ1000R this month. The world’s first and only pure sport Side-by-Side (SxS) vehicle is proudly manufactured at Yamaha’s U.S. factory in Newnan, Georgia, for worldwide distribution, capping a historic 60thAnniversary for Yamaha in 2015.
The YXZ1000R is the most widely celebrated four-wheel model in the motorsports industry in years. Yamaha entered and immediately redefined the sport SxS category, further solidifying itself as the leader in powersports performance.
With the industry’s first and most powerful naturally aspirated three-cylinder 998cc sport engine combined with the first ever 5-speed sequential shift manual transmission in a SxS, the YXZ1000R established itself as the first and only pure sport SxS. Delivery of the 60th anniversary Special Edition Yamaha Yellow/Black YXZ1000R quickly ensued, and the Racing Blue/White and Blaze Orange/Black are starting to arrive at dealers now that they are in production.
“This was an extremely exciting and momentous year for Yamaha,” said Mike Martinez, Yamaha’s RV Group Vice President. “We celebrated our 60thAnniversary in style with a historic and extensive new model launch across both our ATV and Side-by-Side lines, including the all-new YXZ1000R.”
In January 2015, Yamaha kicked things off by announcing the all-new Wolverine R-Spec, one of the most off-road capable SxS vehicles with class-leading comfort. Subsequent new model announcements included the all-new full-featured Grizzly recreational 4x4 ATV, the all-new Kodiak 700 mid-sized utility ATV, and for riders 10-years and older the all-new Raptor 90 youth ATV. Yamaha’s 60th anniversary also inspired the heritage styling on the Yamaha Yellow/Black Special Edition Raptor 700R and YFZ450R sport ATVs for 2016.
Extending the recreational and utility-based SxS line, Yamaha unveiled additional Wolverine, Viking and Viking VI models and enhancements this summer and fall, including the new Viking VI Ranch Edition with premium features in a hard-working utility-based SxS.
- The industry’s first 3-cylinder, 12-valve, DOHC, liquid cooled, 998cc sport engine producing the most reliable and durable power of any 1,000cc-class machine.
- The industry’s first 5-speed sequential shift manual transmission in a SxS vehicle, delivering a direct connection between driver and machine for superior performance, confidence and the first and only pure sport SxS vehicle and experience.
- Massive long travel FOX 2.5 Podium Shocks® with 16-inches of travel in front and 17-inches out back.
- All-new styling embodying Yamaha’s passion for pure sport performance and the SxS enthusiasts’ independent, confident and aggressive attitude.
- A sporty two-seat chassis featuring a cockpit-like cab with comfortable and convenient ergonomics, plush contoured high-back, cut-and-stitch seats, sliding adjustable driver’s seat, and a soft-grip, tilt-adjustable steering wheel with 147mm of vertical travel.
www.facebook.com/yamahamotorusa,www.twitter.com/yamahamotorusa, and www.instagram.com/yamahamotorusa.
#Yamaha #AssembledinUSA #YXZ1000R #YamahaGrizzly #YamahaKodiak #YamahaViking #YamahaWolverine
About Yamaha Motor Corp., USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, (YMUS) a leader in the motorsports market, makes the toughest, most capable and versatile ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings also include motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States.
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamahamotorsports.com.
ATVs over 90cc are recommended for use only by riders 16 years and older.
The Raptor 90 is recommended for use only by riders 10 years and older and always with adult supervision.
SxS Vehicles are recommended for use only by licensed drivers 16 years and older.